We have published this notice to help youunderstand
- how and why Valley Mill collect information fromyou
- who we share your information with, why and on whatbasis
- what your rights are
How do wecollection information?
Valley Millcollects information about you (and others if their personal information isprovided by you) when you:
- Register for aValley Mill account
- Purchase an orderthrough the Valley Mill website
- Purchase anypersonalised items in our Swansea store
- Sign up for ournewsletter and other marketing emails
- Contact us viaemail or social media platforms
- Post material toour website and/or social media pages
- Complete customerfeedback or surveys linked to our website or social media
- Raise a complaintor dispute with us
- Speak to a memberof staff in store or at our workshop
- Participate incompetitions or promotions
- And/or use ourwebsite and customer applications in any other way
What information we collect and why?
When purchasing products from Valley Mill, we willcollect the following information to be able to process your order:
- Address (Billing and Delivery)
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
You do notneed to create an account with Valley Mill to be able to process an order, butif you do create an account the information collected will be securelycollected and stored by us to make placing future orders quicker and easier forcustomers.
Valley Mill doesnot have direct access to payment card information unless specific, directconsent is given by the customer. All online and in-store card paymentinformation is stored and managed externally by either Barclaycard or Paypal.
How do weuse your information?
We will use your personal information:
- To set up a Valley Mill account
- To process your order
- To notify you of your order status
- To update and manage your account and provide customerservices for you (change orders, refunds, etc)
- To check payments and detect, investigate and reportfinancial crime
- To undertake website personalisation and administration
- For marketing communications to inform you of new products, promotions,competitions and other updates
- To notify you to improvements to our services includingchanges to our website and new services that may interest you
- To contact you to undertake customer satisfaction surveys,invite you to review products and for market research
- For maintaining network and data security
- For logistics planning, product demand forecasting, managementinformation and research
Who we shareyour information with and why
Valley Mill uses works with a number of trusted suppliers, agencies and businesses who help us to provide you the high quality products and services you expect from us, including delivery and marketing companies amongst others.
Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:
In order for you to receive your goods, Valley Mill works with a small selection of delivery partners. We only pass on limited information to them to ensure delivery of your items.
Valley Mill works with a local web development business that supports our website and other business systems.
We utilise marketing applications to help us manage our electronic communications with you or to carry out surveys and reviews on our behalf.
Valley Mill works with trusted third party payment processing providers, Barclaycard and Paypal, in order to securely take and manage payments.
Your personal data is protected by legal right, including your rights to object to our processing of your personal data, requesting that your personal data be erased or corrected, or request access to your personal data.
For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us using the contact details below. You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office, which regulates the processing of personal data.
How long do we keep your information?
If we collect your personal information, yourinformation will be kept on record indefinitely, unless requested otherwise. Wewill securely store your data for future use regarding your account, previousand future orders and marketing purposes.
What are your rights?
You are entitled to request the following from Valley Mill. These arecalled your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on theInformation Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
· The right tobe informed
· The right ofaccess
· The right ofrectification
· The right toerasure
· The right torestrict processing
· The right todata portability
· The right toobject
· Rights inrelation to automated decision making and profiling
If you have any general questions about yourrights or want to exercise your rights please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Where your personal information has or is beingused in a way that you believe does not comply with data, we will seek toresolve any issues or concerns you have and encourage you to contact us beforemaking any complaint.
However, youhave the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe,in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights havebeen infringed.
The contactdetails for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protectionregulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk
This notice is designed to help you understand what cookies are, how ValleyMill uses them and the choices you have in regards to their use.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or the harddrive of your computer or other device when you visit a website. This allowsthe site to recognise you as a user either for the duration of your visit(using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits ( a ‘persistent cookie’). Theyare not harmful and do not contain any information such as your home address,date of birth or credit card details.
The cookies we use are:
· Currency -used to define the currency in which product prices will be shown
· Language -used to define the language OpenCart (our website system) will load
· PHPSESSID -holds the ID of the customer session and is used for storing cart and logindata.
- Determine which domain to measure
- Distinguish unique users
- Throttle the request rate
- Remember the number and time of previous visits
- Remember traffic source information
- Determine the start and end of a session
- Remember the value of visitor-level custom variables
Cookies are an essential part of how our siteworks, as they remember certain information about a visitor. Valley Mill usesFirst Party cookies (these are placed there and used solely by Valley Mill) andThird Party cookies (these are placed there by third parties we work with).
Below is a full list of the different types of cookies thatour website uses, how long they are stored on your device for and what use theyhave to improving the customers experience on our website.
Used to distinguish users.
Used to distinguish users.
Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be named _dc_gtm_<property-id>.
30 seconds to 1 year
Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.
Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and AdWords accounts, AdWords website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out. Learn more.
Details of our Third Party Cookies
Valley Mill allows selected Third Parties who participate with us inmarketing programs to place cookies when you visit our site. These cookiesenable us to monitor which adverts you see and click on to get to oursite.
Valley Mill is not responsiblefor the content or privacy policies of Third Parties or other websites, and weadvise that you check these yourself.
The following Cookies are all used for Analytical and Targeting purposes:
- Facebook Pixel
Valley Mill uses Facebook Pixel to help measure Facebook ads results, track conversions and remarket to our website visitors. This helps us to build a personalised advertising campaign for customers on our social media platforms. Website actions that are tracked via Facebook Pixel are:
- Add Payment Info
- Add to Cart
- Initiate Checkout
- Product Search
Website visitors who don’t want their data used by Google Analytics caninstall the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Analyticsfor the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page andinstall the add-on for your browser. Learn more about the opt-out and how toproperly install the browser add-on here.
Visitors can also opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisingand customize Google Display Network ads using the AdsSettings
Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous to anyexternal third party, and your account security is never compromised. You canfind more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ and www.youronlinechoices.com/.For a video about cookies visit https://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/policies/technologies/cookies/
Can I turn off cookies?
Unfortunately, the cookies used on our website cannot be switched off.
This Cookie Notice was last updated on 22nd May2018, and further changes will be communicated by updating this notice.
Should you need to contact us please write to:
Valley Mill, Unit 21, Crynant Business Park, Crynant SA10 8PX
or via email@example.com quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.