Here at Valley Mill we understand that choosing a memorial for your loved one is an important decision. Our natural Welsh slate memorial plaques are a thoughtful way to pay a lasting tribute to your loved one who has passed. Our flat memorial plaques are personalised for you and deep engraved in our South Wales workshop from the finest quality Welsh slate.
Dimensions: 200mm x 150mm x 20mm
Maximum Number of Lines: 5
Maximum Number of Characters Per Line: 25
Icons: We have a wide range of thoughtful icons for you to choose from. Please note that when adding an icon this will reduce the number of characters or/and lines. Icons come with a small additional charge.
Bespoke Motifs: You can also add your own basic bespoke motif for an additional charge. Please note: Customer must hold the ownership of the bespoke motif due to copyright laws.
Edge Style: Chamfered
Font Colours: White, Gold, Silver or Copper. You can choose this from the menu on the design screen.
Icon Colours: White, Gold, Silver, Copper, Green, Yellow or Red. You can specify the colour of your icon within 'special instructions' on the design page.
Please note: Unpainted icons will have the natural slate colour finish.
Complete with hidden fixing kit for ground or wall.
More About This Product:
All of our slate memorial plaques come complete with a hidden fixing kit and instructions to enable you to easily fit your plaque to a wall or ground fixing with no visible screws.
Deep sandblast engraved, hand-painted with highly durable enamel paint, oiled and expertly hand finished with your selection of font, colour and edge style.
The design facility enables you to add text and icons in the chosen style, colour and position. You can easily increase or decrease text size, curve text etc. We have over 30 fonts to choose from and many icons to make sure your design is completely bespoke to you. Please note that when adding an icon this will reduce the number of characters or lines.
Memorial Plaque Care:
Our beautiful Welsh slate is one of (if not the best) in the world. Durable and hard wearing.
However, if the slate becomes marked or faded, just wipe a small amount of boiled linseed oil (or any food-safe oil) over the slate with a soft sponge to bring it back to life. Avoid applying oil to the paint as this could cause discolouration. Do not use any other cleaning substances on your slate.
Hidden Fixing Instructions:
Your flat memorial plaque comes with a hidden fixings kit and also instructions of how to install. Here is an overview of the installation process if you wish to familiarise yourself ahead of time.
· Your hidden fixings kit consists of 2 x 70mm galvanised steel threaded pins & 2 tubes of strong glue.
· Fill the holes in the rear of your slate memorial plaque with glue, insert your pins and wait at least 4 hours until fully dry.
Fixing To A Wall
· Mark out on the wall where the pins align.
· Drill in to your wall markings approximately 75mm deep with a 5mm masonry drill bit.
· Insert glue in to the drilled holes.
· Press the pins in the rear of your memorial into the holes in the wall.
Fixing Into A Concrete Floor
· Mark out on the floor where the pins align.
· Drill in to your markings approximately 75mm deep with a 5mm masonry drill bit.
· Insert glue in to the drilled holes.
· Press the pins in the rear of your memorial into the holes in the ground.
Fixing In To Soft Ground
· Once you’ve attached the pins to the rear of your memorial and the glue has hardened then you can push the pins directly in to the soft ground.
If you wish to discuss your design please contact us.
Valley Mill Welsh slate memorial plaques and cremation memorial plaques come in a range of sizes and styles. From small memorial plaques to large plaques. We handcraft flat memorial plaques, cremation memorial plaques, angled plaques, memorial garden plaques and also supply a range of grave vases too.
PLEASE NOTE THAT AS SLATE IS A NATURAL PRODUCT IT MAY CONTAIN FOOL'S GOLD, WHICH IS A NATURAL PYRITE THAT FORMS WITHIN THE SLATE. EACH PIECE OF SLATE HAS ITS OWN UNIQUE NATURAL CHARACTERISTICS AND CAN FEATURE THESE NATURALLY OCCURING MARKINGS. THESE ARE NOT DEFECTS AND WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT YOUR SLATE ITEM WILL NOT CONTAIN IT.