First impressions count so why not update your home with a sign? Design your own using our easy-to-use online design tool.
Each sign is handcrafted to your bespoke design in our South Wales workshop. With the easy-to-use design tool, you can create a bespoke sign fitting for the entrance of the castle you call home.
Text & icons are deep engraved in to your plaque and come in a range of fonts and colours. Each one is handcrafted from the finest quality 12mm thick Welsh slate.
A slate sign is not just an amazing addition to the design of your house, but also adds a touch of class. It is durable, clean and easy to read, easy to fit to your home and can tolerate even the harshest weather conditions.
Dimensions: 200mm x 200mm x 12mm
Maximum Number of Lines: 3
Edge Style: Chamfered
Font Colours: White, Gold, Silver or Copper. You can choose this from the menu on the design screen.
Icon Colours: White, Gold, Silver, Copper, Green, Yellow or Red. You can specify the colour of your icon within 'special instructions' on the design page. Icons have a small additional charge.
Please note: Unpainted icons will have the natural slate colour finish.
We deep engrave, hand paint with highly durable enamel paint, oil and then expertly finish our handmade slate door signs for greater look and to avoid fading. All our Welsh slate house numbers come complete with a fixing kit and instructions to enable you to easily fit your new sign to your home.
Door Sign Fixing Instructions:
Your slate door sign comes with a fixings kit and also instructions of how to install. Here is an overview of the installation process if you wish to familiarise yourself ahead of time.
• Your house sign fixings kit consists of dome head screws & wall plugs.
• We recommend using your house sign as the template to mark the drill holes. Hold your house sign against the wall where you would like it to be fitted. Use a spirit level to ensure it is straight.
• Mark the wall with the pencil through the holes in the sign.
• Drill holes approximately 30mm deep into the wall using a 5mm drill bit.
• Insert the wall plugs in to the holes.
• Now simply place your house sign against the wall and screw into place.
PLEASE NOTE THAT AS SLATE IS A NATURAL PRODUCT IT MAY CONTAIN FOOL'S GOLD, WHICH IS A NATURAL PYRITE THAT FORMS WITHIN THE SLATE. EACH PIECE OF SLATE HAS ITS OWN UNIQUE NATURAL CHARACTERISTICS AND CAN FEATURE THESE NATURALLY OCCURING MARKINGS. THESE ARE NOT DEFECTS AND WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT YOUR SLATE ITEM WILL NOT CONTAIN IT.