We have published this notice to help you understand
- how and why Valley Mill collect information from you
- who we share your information with, why and on what basis
- what your rights are
How do we collection information?
Valley Mill collects information about you (and others if their personal information is provided by you) when you:
- Register for a Valley Mill account
- Purchase an order through the Valley Mill website
- Purchase any personalised items in our Swansea store
- Sign up for our newsletter and other marketing emails
- Contact us via email or social media platforms
- Post material to our website and/or social media pages
- Complete customer feedback or surveys linked to our website or social media
- Raise a complaint or dispute with us
- Speak to a member of staff in store or at our workshop
- Participate in competitions or promotions
- And/or use our website and customer applications in any other way
What information we collect and why?
When purchasing products from Valley Mill, we will collect the following information to be able to process your order:
Address (Billing and Delivery)
You do not need to create an account with Valley Mill to be able to process an order, but if you do create an account the information collected will be securely collected and stored by us to make placing future orders quicker and easier for customers.
Valley Mill does not have direct access to payment card information unless specific, direct consent is given by the customer. All online and in-store card payment information is stored and managed externally by either Barclaycard or Paypal.
How do we use your information?
We will use your personal information:
- To set up a Valley Mill account
- To process your order
- To notify you of your order status
- To update and manage your account and provide customer services for you (change orders, refunds, etc)
- To check payments and detect, investigate and report financial crime
- To undertake website personalisation and administration
- For marketing communications to inform you of new products, promotions, competitions and other updates
- To notify you to improvements to our services including changes to our website and new services that may interest you
- To contact you to undertake customer satisfaction surveys, invite you to review products and for market research
- For maintaining network and data security
- For logistics planning, product demand forecasting, management information and research
Who we share your information with and why
Valley Mill works with a number of trusted suppliers, agencies and businesses in order to provide you the high quality goods and services you expect from us such as delivery and marketing companies amongst others.
Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:
In order for you to receive your goods, Valley Mill works with a small selection of delivery partners. Again, we only pass limited information to them in order to ensure delivery of your items.
Valley Mill works with a local business that supports our website and other business systems.
We utilise marketing applications to help us manage our electronic communications with you or carry out surveys and product reviews on our behalf.
Valley Mill works with trusted third party payment processing providers, Barclaycard and Paypal in order to securely take and manage payments.
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to object to our processing of your personal data, request that your personal data is erased or corrected or request access to your personal data.
For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us using the contact details above. You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates the processing of personal data.
How long do we keep your information?
If we collect your personal information, your information will be kept on record indefinitely, unless requested otherwise. We will securely store your data for future use regarding your account, previous and future orders and marketing purposes.
What are your rights?
You are entitled to request the following from Valley Mill. These are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right of rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights please contact email@example.com
Where your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data, we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you have and encourage you to contact us before making any complaint.
However, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed.
The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk
This notice is designed to help you understand what cookies are, how Valley Mill uses them and the choices you have in regards to their use.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or other device when you visit a website. This allows the site to recognise you as a user either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits ( a ‘persistent cookie’). They are not harmful and do not contain any information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
The cookies we use are:
- Currency- used to define the currency in which product prices will be shown
- Language- used to define the language OpenCart (our website system) will load
- PHPSESSID- holds the ID of the customer session and is used for storing cart and login data.
- Determine which domain to measure
- Distinguish unique users
- Throttle the request rate
- Remember the number and time of previous visits
- Remember traffic source information
- Determine the start and end of a session
- Remember the value of visitor-level custom variables
Cookies are an essential part of how our site works, as they remember certain information about a visitor. Valley Mill uses First Party cookies (these are placed there and used solely by Valley Mill) and Third Party cookies (these are placed there by third parties we work with).
Below is a full list of the different types of cookies that our website uses, how long they are stored on your device for and what use they have to improving the customers experience on our website.
|_ga||2 years||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gid||24 hours||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||1 minute||Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be named _dc_gtm_<property-id>.|
|AMP_TOKEN||30 seconds to 1 year||Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.|
|_gac_<property-id>||90 days||Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and AdWords accounts, AdWords website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out. Learn more.|
Details of our Third Party Cookies
Valley Mill allows selected Third Parties who participate with us in marketing programs to place cookies when you visit our site. These cookies enable us to monitor which adverts you see and click on to get to our site.
Valley Mill is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of Third Parties or other websites, and we advise that you check these yourself.
The following Cookies are all used for Analytical and Targeting purposes:
- Google Analytics
- Google Adwords
Website visitors who don’t want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser. Learn more about the opt-out and how to properly install the browser add-on here.
Visitors can also opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings
Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous to any external third party, and your account security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ and www.youronlinechoices.com/. For a video about cookies visit https://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/policies/technologies/cookies/
Can I turn off cookies?
Unfortunately, the cookies used on our website cannot be switched off.
This Cookie Notice was last updated on 22nd May 2018, and further changes will be communicated by updating this notice.
Should you need to contact us please write to:
Valley Mill, Unit 21, Crynant Business Park, Crynant SA10 8PX
or via firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.